Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sooo.....

I am not sure why it has been so hard to blog this summer I have had a lot of down time. We have been able to have a lot of fun on the weekends and overall our experience in New Jersey has been great! Which has been a surprise to me I really didn't think I would like it here but I really do. The town we live in is so cute and has the most adorable main street ever(i need to take pictures it is such a sweet little town.) I love all the homes around the area and how different and unique they all are. I really hate how in the west all the homes look a like. We like to drive the neighborhoods and pick out our favorite houses. It is so pretty here. I can definitely tell why it is called the Garden state. There are trees everywhere which means that we get to see a lot of wildlife. We have seen tons of deer and the kids were really excited when we saw a Mama deer with her two babies. And this was right by target!

Here is a funny story:
While driving home Sydney said "Look, I saw three deer with horns! (This was in the middle of town so I really didn't beileve her.)
But a little ways up the road we saw the Mama deer and her babies so I pulled over. Then Like 6 more deer came up it was crazy!
When I started driving again Syd said, "This is where I saw the horn deer." Sure enough there were 4 deer with antlers and they were already big. Seth was sooo excited he kept saying that he wanted to see a Buck and we saw 4 it was great.
All the way home they kept saying this has been the best day! Then they would say if only Daddy saw them too.
We also see turkeys and ground hogs. The kids always like to play the animal game in the car to see who spots the first animal. But Sydney will always say that Cats and Dogs and birds don't count.

Some other things we have been able to do(Picture post will come, hopefully)
The other nice thing about being here for the summer is we are so close to some many great places so we have tried to take advantage of this.

Places we have been this summer:
NYC of course we had to go into the city. We live close to a train that is only a 45 minute ride into the city.
Washington DC it is only a 4 1/2 hour drive away and this is such a fun city to visit. All the museums are free which is AWESOME!!
The beach. Jersey Shore, is really gorgeous and only an hour away. I am sure there are lots of beaches to choose from the one we went to was PT. Pleasant and it was a great family beach we loved it.
We hope to go up to the Hill Cumorah and see the sacred grove and the Smith farm.

It has been a great summer and it is hard to believe that I will be back in Provo in just a few weeks. We decided to fly me and the little girls back. So we will get in on August 5th and mike will start the drive back with Seth and Sydney.
Here are some pics from our short stop in TN:

Seth hanging out on the porch
Grandpa John We are very glad that he is doing lots better.
The girls at Grandpa John's house

LOVE this picture of these two cousins
We went out to Papaw house and he gave the girls the Roses and we picked up the turtle on the way home.
Chloe loved Mothering jack although I think he weighs more than she does;)
Favorite Picture of Chloe Bug

We stop for lunch in Nashville with Charity and Sandra
Until next time...

3 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Man, I'm glad you updated. I'll email you pictures soon.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a wonderful place! I am so glad that you are loving it out there! Crazy that you'll be back west in a month! Enjoy the rest of your time!

Torman said...

I am so glad that you posted! I am on the edge of my seat here in good old Idaho wondering how your life in the BIG city is. :) We miss you all and We can hardly wait till you are back.

About Me

Enjoy a look through my Lens!

Seth Boy

Seth Boy

Sassy Sis

Sassy Sis

Clo Bug

Clo Bug